About Roy L. Dunn
Roy is a certified industrial hygienist (CIH) with over 24 years of experience in the industrial hygiene field, which focuses on the protection of health and safety in the workplace and community. He is part of SME’s indoor air quality testing and remediation services team that evaluates safety issues in clients’ work environments, develops solutions, and implements corrective programs.
Roy has expertise in many areas, including:
- technical support and oversight of large projects
- hospital and community acquired infections
- ventilation studies
- indoor air quality investigations, including crisis building and sick building syndrome
- engineering controls for reducing exposure to the employee, and
- employee OSHA chemical monitoring
He has managed several different projects involving:
- industrial hygiene surveys
- chemical surveys
- project design
- legionella sampling
- OSHA safety surveys
- asbestos and lead inspections, and
- mold inspections
Roy received a B.S. in Occupational Health & Safety from Montana Tech of the University of Montana, now known as Montana Technological University.
In his free time, Roy enjoys spending time with his family, football, fishing, and traveling.